Beginner from Brazil

Tell us about your interest in Taoism. How did you find the Tao and what it means to you? Are you a practitioner? What you hope to attain through your practice?

Moderator: laotan

GreatClarity

Beginner from Brazil

Post by GreatClarity »

Hello, I am a beginner in Taoism. I have studied many other spiritual paths, but I noticed that Taoism was the closest to my natural way of acting and thinking.

I noticed that there are several books about Taoism published, it would be possible for me to learn about Taoism from the books while I seek a master, or should I seek a teacher first.

laotan

Re: Beginner from Brazil

Post by laotan »

GreatClarity wrote:Hello, I am a beginner in Taoism. I have studied many other spiritual paths, but I noticed that Taoism was the closest to my natural way of acting and thinking.

I noticed that there are several books about Taoism published, it would be possible for me to learn about Taoism from the books while I seek a master, or should I seek a teacher first.
It is better to find a teacher first. But where can you find one? They are a few but don't show up. Still you can start with our initiation courses that explains the basics and introduce one to the core of Taoism wisdom. You may find them at http://www.taopage.org/courses.html
The benefit of taking our courses consists in our online support should you have questions.