Greetings from Wudang Mountain, China

Tell us about your interest in Taoism. How did you find the Tao and what it means to you? Are you a practitioner? What you hope to attain through your practice?

Moderator: laotan

laotan

Re: Greetings from Wudang Mountain, China

Post by laotan »

lisiming wrote:Hello all,
I'm a Taoist teacher in Wudang Mountain of China. If you plan to come visit, please let me know and i can help you get oriented.
Have a great day!
Best regards,
Derek
You're welcome. As you see I allowed the link to your site to be posted here. Please reciprocate. A link back to our site from your site will be much appreciated.

56red18black

Post by 56red18black »

Hello -

I'm new and glad I found this site. Posts seem to be infrequent which I suppose can be construed as apropos. I've studied the Tao by myself with books and literature for almost 30 years with various levels of interest and motivation. I truly love the honest intricacy and grounded teachings in the 81 chapters. I'm sure some of my thought is faulty as I have no avenue (that I know) here in Kansas City with witch to distill my rough image of Taoism. I read your posts and teachings with great interest, and in hopes of refining my thoughts and myself.

Thank You for this site

56red18black

laotan

Post by laotan »

The most difficult thing when dealing with Tao-te ching and other such books is to grasp a view of yourself about the things taught in them. Everything seem very "pshilosophical", or occult, or simply opaque. This is due to the fact that these books are not the work of a single person or a group of persons. They don't provide a single idea or way. They are large compilations of thoughts that most of the time go towards different goals. This is why one need a guide to start and understand the study in this mess. This is why one can't benefit from a forum because one doesn't know what he/she should ask. This is why this forum is quite silenced.

Welcome to the forum!

williamdemilio

Post by williamdemilio »

mountaintops are an excellent place to "practice" but a master might walk amongst the unknowing..illustrating illumination by example and when asked what is different about him/her answer "it is what I do not do that is different..I do not lead in blindness but rather follow the Tao in humility not hurriedly in hubris"..by doing so you place your foot in a proper position to continue your path upon the flow of Tao..not expecting a destination or a purpose..but attaining them regardless.. lots of fun for the wishywashy gaining stability

taoskins

Post by taoskins »

williamdemilio wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:16 pm
mountaintops are an excellent place to "practice" but a master might walk amongst the unknowing..illustrating illumination by example and when asked what is different about him/her answer "it is what I do not do that is different..I do not lead in blindness but rather follow the Tao in humility not hurriedly in hubris"..by doing so you place your foot in a proper position to continue your path upon the flow of Tao..not expecting a destination or a purpose..but attaining them regardless.. lots of fun for the wishywashy gaining stability
What you mean by "practice"? Is the Tao practice limited to the mountains surrounding?